THE HALL WILL BE CLOSED AGAIN FOR LOCKDOWN 2 FROM 5TH NOVEMBER.
Chadwick End Village Hall is situated in the middle of the village directly opposite The Orange Tree pub. The car park is adjacent to the Hall. There is a children’s playground behind the Hall with around 10 pieces of play equipment.
Chadwick End Village Hall, car park, playground and the recreation ground are owned and operated by Chadwick End Parish Council.
The Hall itself was built at the turn of the century and offers a traditional set up for your event, measuring around 3100 sq feet in total. The main hall itself has seating for 60 people with fold out tables. There is a small kitchen which has a fridge, microwave, cooker, kettle, urn, cutlery, plates, cups and glasses. Leading off the main hall is a smaller room which has a ‘bar’ at one end (sadly not fully equipped!).
The village hall and recreation ground (approximately 3 acres) were first provided through the generosity of a wealthy resident, Mr Watson of Chadwick Manor in 1908 and initially run by Trustees. However, the cost of maintaining the Hall finally convinced the Trustees to offer it as a gift to the Parish Council in 1934, together with land on the south east side of Oldwich Lane West, Chadwick End. The playing field was donated much later by the Moore family to celebrate their daughters Olympic medal.
The Village Hall is available to hire for regular classes or for family gatherings and children’s parties.
Please go to https://www.hallshire.com/halls/view/2487/chadwick-end-village-hall to make an enquiry or contact the Parish Clerk, Kerry Finlayson via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call (Daytime Mon-Fri) 07515 817800